Thermoplastic hot - applied road marking paint for the creation of highly reflective line marking with long- term performance. Hot applied Thermoplastic Road Marking Paint is specially formulated with superior quality raw materials. Thermoplastic paint consists of light-colored aggregates, pigment, and extender and glass beads bound together with a thermoplastic resin, plasticized as necessary that becomes liquid when heated at high temperatures.
Road paints industries Thermoplastic paint is environment friendly consisting of 100% and containing no solvent. Thermoplastic paint contains no dangerous volatile solvents and is mainly comprised of:
1- Binder is resin or rosin for thermoplasticity
2- Pgiment for Coloring
3- Glass Beads for reflectivity
4- Additives to grant additional properties
1. Batch number
2. Lot number
3. Date of manufacture
4. Color White / Yellow
5. Max heating and application temprature along with instructions.
• MOT (Saudi Standard),
• AASHTO M-249 (American Standard),
• BS EN 1871 : 2000 & 1436 : 1998 + A1 (European Standard) ,
• BS 3262 : 1989 (British Standard)
• or any other standard specified by the customer.
Temperature is the most important factor in the preparation and application of thermoplastic road marking paint
• When heated to the recommended temperature (200-220 deg. if spray) and properly mixed, the dry powder/granules become a homogenized liquid.
• Then, the melted thermoplastic material, when applied, forms a thermal bond between the material and the upper surface of the asphalt.
• Drop-on glass beads is sprayed immediately on the hot Thermoplastic marking for instant surface reflection.
• Also, if applied on porous surfaces, the melted thermoplastic material fills all gaps creating mechanical and thermal bond on concrete and asphalt respectively.